Actifit Dapp Review
17 October 2019
A Steem block chain Dapp that tracks and rewards your fitness activity. I have it installed on my Samsung Galaxy A10 mobile phone and for me I use it to track only my walks.
How reliable is this dapp on android ......
My Links: Engrave | D.tube | Actifit | Exhaust | Endomondo
Actifit Dapp Review
I have done quite a few walks with the Actifit Dapp running on my mobile phone, most times if I didn't reach the reward minimum (5000 steps) I never posted it to the block chain. But I have been sharing it via WhatsApp with family. My daughter who daily walks 10k+ steps, said the numbers don't look right.
Time to do an experiment, using 3 sources
- Actifit on the Samsung Galaxy A10 mobile phone
- Endomondo on the Samsung Galaxy A10 mobile phone
- Timex Digital Pedometer
I activated all 3 within seconds before starting my walk,and this was the Actifit Report I uploaded yesterday.
Before I can do a comparison, I need to do some calculations with the data obtained from Endomondo, specifically distance travelled.
|A: Distance Travelled||6.35km (6350m)|
|B: Average Stride (best guess)||72cm (0.72m)|
|C = A/B: Calculated Steps||8819 Steps|
List sources, compare, form an observation.
Well that's a bit of a mess, and now I'm going to attempt to explain why there are differences (all guess work here)
- Actifit must rely on the mobile phones sensors, who knows how reliable these are. Also steps might be missed when the screen saver kicks in. Note, I have enabled Aggressive Background Tracking in the phones settings, but didn't seem to make any difference.
- Endomondo relies on GPS tracking, and I have used this android app for many years. It's accuracy (route travelled) is pretty good but loss of GPS signal loss happens intermittently, I would've expected less steps.
- With the Timex I had some default values I could change, 1 of them was stride, I left it at 75cm, should've changed it to 72cm.
I've decided to use the Timex as my benchmark, which from these figures is 13 percent more than what Actifit shows. I really should do more trials to get a more accurate average figure but why bother. In my mind I've walked more than what is shown, but more importantly I got out and did some exercise.
Initially I was hoping you could manually enter the steps but now it doesn't matter.
I really do like this Dapp.
|COIN||Cryptocurrency Wallet Support|
- with every post comes experience, as we strive to do better
- upvote to 80% voting mana, let's encourage and inspire each other